Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Detours Suck

So here's the post where I tell you what happens when you have a month full of stress, lack of sleep, lack of time, lack of energy, coupled with birthdays and holidays, traveling and extended family.

You lose your marbles.

First off, if anyone says sleep is unnecessary, they are crazy.  I went from sleeping 8-10 hours a night, to barely getting by on 4, regularly.  This had the ripple effect of devastating my heavy lifts - they went out the window.

Lack of time and energy meant less effort put into cooking and more time eating whatever was available - which typically was something covered in some sort of sugary processed sauce or made with refined flours and sugars.  Not good.  Less time also meant the gym fell down my priority list.  It had been my top priority for years - I worked everything else around my "gym time".  But in December I went several days between lifting, many times.

Then there were birthdays, for which I'd made cupcakes and cake.  And snow days from my son's school, which meant the cupcakes stayed home instead of being eaten by 24 munchkins in the classroom.

So all in all, December was a mess. And it shows.  My mental clarity went out the window. I've been overly emotional, super sluggish, lazy, achy, and cranky.

And my abs went to crap.  In the month of December I gained 1.75 inches in my waist and .75 in my abs.

End of November:



End of December:




Goals:  

Cut out the crap. Back to 95% clean eating.  By March, I want to be at 15% bodyfat and do a 200# deadlift for 1 rep. 

I'm going to do this. 

Hold me to it.


3 comments:

  1. WOW! You look amazing! Keep up the great work, and thank you for introducing me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete